Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Modding NBA 2K11 - NLSC's Andrew still a MOFO ;)




     Hi everybody! I just finished the best DLC ever done for NBA 2K11 which is the best game ever made. It's the 1995-96 NBA season. We are in October now so basically this DLC took me pretty much the whole 2018 of course including the breaks I worked on the other DLCs I posted this year. More details about the 1995-96 DLC will follow in a future post.

     After reading MOFO Andrew's latest post about modding 2K11 on HIS NLSC forum, I suddenly felt good about myself. In case you slept under a rock in the last 5 years, you should know that most of the game modders and patchers left NLSC because of the unfair treatment they've got from Australian 'asshole extraordinaire' Andrew...Bagley I think it's his last name. Yes, everybody knows that Australians are the biggest assholes in the world; I personally experienced that with countless Australians I've met when I worked in Vietnam where Aussies go to live a gangster lifestyle because drugs, tobacco, alcohol and women are very cheap (and in case you wondered I don't use any of those!). Andrew banned me for being honest in my opinions and straightforward about charging money for my work although I never asked for money on NLSC(!) and I donated all my work to their forum in 2014 and 2015 and they are still using my patches today without my consent after I got kicked out.

     Anyway, Andrew was complaining this week about how difficult it is to create Roster packages for NBA 2K11 compared to the NBA Live series. Well, doh!! This is why my Roster packages are gold especially for me working 2-3 years until I found my formula to make the gameplay and the players skills and tendencies realistic and on top of that historically accurate!

     Andrew said: "One of the reasons that it’s taking so long to finish the roster update is that I greatly underestimated the time it takes to create players. Back when I was making the roster updates for NBA Live, creating new players didn’t take nearly as much time. Players only had around twenty ratings that could be assigned in-game, plus a few attributes and elements of bio data that needed to be added externally via DBF editing. In NBA 2K11, there is a much more detailed set of ratings to add and balance, not to mention tendencies and signature animations. As such, creating a player takes longer than I’m used to, and that’s not even counting external editing with REDitor II." Welcome to my world, you little old fart haha!...

    And now the reason ALL mods you ever played outside of those made by me play weird in an arcade style is because people like Andrew and those who created the old 2K11 mods don't pay much attention to the specifics of each real player taken historically. In his own words, "I've changed up my approach again and am now just creating players with their basic bio data, accessories, and a few signature animations, with the intention of going back and fixing up ratings, tendencies, and so forth once all the players are in the roster". Let me tell you one thing: they never go back to fix those issues, never! And that's why you get those free, unfinished and thus unplayable mods since NBA 2K9.

     Contrary to those patchers like Andrew, I watched a lot of NBA from different eras. I started watching NBA in 1991 and played pickup and amateur basketball for more than 10 years. I have the same symptoms now as Steve Nash (very bad back) and Charles Barkley (busted knees). But I know one thing: I understand how players should move on the court, the way they play both offensively and defensively. The beauty of 2K11 is all these tendencies can be adjusted if you can find the right formula to apply to guards differently than to forwards or centers. I remind you that the famous 1991-92 and the less famous 1996-97 mods had lousy player ratings although graphically were outstanding. I don't know about you but I don't care how good Shaq looks if he moves and scores like a guard. Do yourself a favor: if you do something in your life, do it properly! Welcome to my game. ;) The 1995-96 DLC is next! :)

2 comments:

Sergei said...

Wonderful post! All hands for each letter. You are a real professional in modding. For me number 1 in 2k11 modding. Keep doing what you do because it's super cool!!!

LN said...

Thank you for your appreciation Sergei, wait to play my 1995-96 DLC. :)

BTW, I am so tired of all those gamer assholes who think they are the best when all they do is trolling us who know what we are doing!