Saturday, January 19, 2019

2019 news


       Hi y'all! There is so much since I've posted here last time. You might think I took time off but on the contrary...I managed to finish older projects and learned new techniques. Here is what you didn't know I've been doing in the last 3 months. Yeah, I know time flies...

        1. I finished the 2008-09 NBA season mod which I focused on quite a lot because of the mistery Phoenix Suns roster that year which was a championship calibre team but failed because they changed the traditional 'run and gun' strategy by bringing Shaq who obviously slowed down everything for 1 season and a half. So...despite a 46 wins and 36 loses record, the Suns didn't even make the playoff in 2009! That makes them the Shaqtin A Fool team of the decade. The DLC comes with beautiful round action photos for each player. To be posted soon...

        2. I finished the 2010-11 and 2011-12 NBA season mod. This was a must because it brought the game where it should have been to the literally 'out of the box' state because we are talking NBA 2K11 from 2010-2011 NBA season here, right?

        3. I finished the 2017-18 NBA season mod but I decided to not post it because I lost interest in today's NBA. Believe it or not I also finished 90% of the 2018-19 NBA season but probably I will keep it to myself for now.

        4. I found the BEST formulas and the most pleasant and somewhat realistic gameplay for NBA 2K11, something I was looking for more than 3 years(!) and something I was dreaming about for 20 years(!!) of playing basketball videogames. This is what I am using right now when I am playing the game. Have a look at this page on my blog: How to Play the Game

        5. I finished the BEST mod ever done by anyone for a 2K basketball game: the NBA Stars In NCAA project. This is something I have been doing for more than a year but I managed to focus on only this winter once my other NBA mods were done because that's where I borrowed most of the players from. So basically it is a HUGE mod which allows you to play in Quick Game or Season Mode(!) with ANY team from a list of 80+ NCAA teams each having realistic players who competed in both NCAA and NBA. You can call it a historical mode if you'd like.

        6. Part of #5 on this list, I learned how to make HD (4000x2000 resolution) courts in NBA 2K11 so this is pretty much what I am doing these days. I only do NCAA courts because I want all those 80+ teams to have realistic, jaw-dropping courts you can use with my legendary NCAA mod. BTW, for those who are interested, the mod will cost a bit more than usually. It contains 1000+(!!!) realistic players so you know we are talking greatness here. Not to mention I did everything in this DLC by myself (with a little help with the courts from another modder). In case you can't compute the amount of work I put into this...it is 3 times the work a whole 2K Sports team put into their crappy default NBA game!).

       I am too busy with the NCAA project (and also playing with it!) but I hope I can find some time to post more about it in the near future. Until then a few teasers below.

















2 comments:

DaCrispy said...

Amazing Stuff!

LN said...

Thank you (and for your help with the NCAA courts)!